How do I setup an appointment with an EMDR Therapist?
- Call our main office number and our front office staff will be happy to work with you to setup an appointment with one of our EMDR Therapists.
EMDR International Association YouTube Videos
Back to Top
EMDR Certification and Approved Consultant Training
Here at Desert View Counseling we are dedicated to the continuation of training in the practice of EMDR therapy and are currently offering EMDR Certification and Approaved Consultant Training Groups for any therapist having completed the Basic Training.
Requirements for application to a the EMDRIA Certification group include the clinicans completion certificate of basic training from EMDRIA, Full Independent Licensure in your state of practice.
Requirements for application to an EMDRIA Approaved Consultant Group requires completion of your EMDRIA Certification.
Please email Valorie Everton for more information: email@example.com
Back to Top
As adults we spend almost one third of our lives working. We may train specifically for a career, happen on to a job that becomes a career or just get a job and do it. So often work stress will cause problems in our personal lives and create feelings of being trapped or unhappy. These feelings lead to anxieties, depression and even physical symptoms. On staff, we have a 30-year veteran of vocational counseling who can offer specialized evaluations. These include examination of the client’s work history, skills, interests and values to help explore the right options for work and decrease the stress associated with being in a job that is not the right fit. We can offer training information, resume preparation and job search techniques in a few sessions independently or in conjunction with other therapies.
Back to Top
Assessment for Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder.
Several of our therapists are trained to complete assessments for ADHD. This includes interactive interviews with the individual and his/her family members. This portion and any treatment decided upon is insurance billable. The assessment also includes various paper and pencil assessments to be completed by the parents and child’s teacher. In the case of assessment of adults, assessments are completed by other family members. The assessments are scored and a report is written detailing the results. This portion is not insurance billable and our fees are accessible in the link below. This covers all out of session work done by the therapist. Please call us for further information or to schedule an assessment for your child.
ADHD Assessment Breakdown and Fees
Back to Top
Change is about making a plan and doing a plan, but that isn’t as easy as it sounds. We are not necessarily taught the skills required to make changes when we learn math, reading, and history. Professional Coaches are trained and skilled in helping us identify what we want, making a plan for getting there, determining the barriers that may be present, as well as celebrating our achievements.
What is Coaching?
- The International Coaching Federation (ICF) defines professional coaching as an “ongoing partnership that helps clients produce fulfilling results in their personal and professional lives.”
- Helping people find the motivation that eludes them and create the future they desire.
- A process of assisting people in setting goals, eliminating obstacles, and reaching their goals and potential.
How can a Personal Coach be of assistance?
- Do you need help defining your goals and planning for the future?
- Are your relationships unfulfilling?
- Are you dissatisfied with your job? Or is your career moving too slowly?
- Have you been diagnosed with ADHD or ADD and want to learn skills in order to overcome the challenges of associated symptoms?
- Do you have difficulties making decisions and finding balance in your life?
- Do you sometimes feel “unmotivated” and “overwhelmed”?
- Do you have difficulty structuring your time?
- Do you have difficulty finding the life partner or a mate that you desire?
Corporate and Executive Coaching
- As a manager, would you like to offer more mentorship and coaching to your staff?
- Do you have staff who would benefit from professional targeted coaching and performance improvement?
- Do you have a project to implement or are you making changes in your business?
- Do you have a small business and would like to take it to the next level?
Teen “Mentorship” Coaching
- Do your teenagers unable to attain or sustain their grade potential?
- Are your kids “not listening?”
- Would you like to enhance you parenting skills?
Back to Top
Employee Assistance Program
Many insurance plans or employers include Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) as a part of your insurance benefit.
EAP is a counseling service that is designed to be short term and focused on specific problem resolution. There are several ways to access your EAP benefits. A supervisor may refer an employee for treatment. An employee may self refer. Most EAP benefits are also available to the spouse and children of the employee.
The benefit of using your EAP plan is that most of the time there is no copay. The number of sessions available to you through your EAP will be limited and depends on the benefit package purchased by your employer. Most EAP plans require prior authorization. If you do not know how to access your EAP, contact your Human Resources department and they will be able to discuss your insurance benefit package. Often times you will also find a poster or notice in employee lounge areas advertising your company’s Employee Assistance Program as well as information on accessing this benefit.
Supervisors may use EAP services as a resource for guidance and assistance when dealing with a troubled employee, enhancing the work environment, improving job performance, and reducing risk. The EAP can coach supervisors on appropriate use of constructive confrontation and situations that may warrant an EAP referral.
As with all insurance benefits, confidentiality cannot be guaranteed. EAP companies make every effort to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
If your counseling need is of a situational and short term nature, you may want to consider checking into your EAP benefit.
Back to Top